Friday, 2 March 2012

Feeling Blessed!!!



I’ve now been in South Africa for a WHOLE MONTH! I feel like it’s gone so quickly, it needs to slow down! It’s obviously because I’m having such a great time and this week has possibly been the best week so far!

On Monday I had my second day of working with Ham, the leader of Connections Church. Last week was challenging and I didn’t enjoy it but this week was very different. It was less challenging and I really enjoyed it, so things are improving!

This week my main work has been creating another article to add to my series ‘Being a Volunteer...’  I enjoyed writing it despite it being a little stressful as it didn’t save properly. This meant I had to write some of it again and I didn’t exactly enjoy that but I got it done. I’ve been told that my writing has improved and I’m now really starting to enjoy writing articles!

I am also preparing for my main project work which is to review our website www.linksinternationalsa.com, I’m getting nervous because I think it is going to be challenging for me as I have never done a website review before.

We are thinking about creating a video for Links International SA to help advertise the website.  Hopefully it will help increase our facebook page and website hits. I have been doing some research on viral videos and getting some ideas as to what to put in the video. I’m really excited about it as I really enjoy filming and being creative.

On Wednesday I had a pretty amazing day! We went to CVC which stands for Christian Vision Corporation. It is a UK-based international charity which has two complementary strategies:

Touch a Billion – includes the use of media formats such as radio, TV, internet, mobile phones and social media

Impact a Nation – projects are generally aimed at significantly impacting local communities and include the following activities: education, healthcare, skills training, church development and humanitarian projects

My grandfather Mike, Links International SA director, has been involved with CVC for some time now recording teaching for radio. He was asked by some of the radio crew members if I was willing to come along for an interview. It was pretty weird and very exciting as I have never been to a radio station or spoken on the radio before.

I look so minging sorry haha

I was interviewed by Thula who is a radio presenter & producer. We spoke about why I am here in South Africa and what I’m doing, my journey with God and I was asked if I had anything to say to Africa which was a bit scary but I just gave some encouragement.
Overall, Wednesday was pretty amazing, I loved it!

This week I have felt so blessed and feel so lucky to be here, experiencing and doing all these different things. It’s amazing coming from the cold UK weather and then to South Africa where nearly every morning I wake up to beautiful sunshine and all the beautiful plants and animals around. It is amazing to me how creative God is and how he can make two countries so beautiful in such different ways. I am falling more and more in love with him through what he is showing and teaching me.

God is such a beautiful God!

On Sunday we had a guest speaker at church called Mike Hanchett who is a prophetic speaker. He came and preached after which he prophesied over some couples in the church and what he said was spot on. I just sat there with tears in my eyes feeling so overwhelmed by God, how he uses people like Mike to speak through them and how he gives people gifts to show his glory and it’s great because Mike loves what he does and loves using his gift for God. It was amazing to see and made me realise I am still learning so much about how incredible, creative and powerful God is!

The last weekend was pretty good: I went to a friend’s gig on Saturday which was fun; we had a little dance and cheered them on all night.On Sunday some of us went out for Sushi after church which was a first for me. I enjoyed it at first but then it started to make me feel a little sick. I didn’t eat a lot – people say it takes some time to get used to!? I’m sure I’ll try it again one day.We didn’t go surfing but I will be going tomorrow and James will hopefully give me a little lesson which I’m looking forward to and I’m also going to be singing with the worship band on Sunday for the 2nd time. It’s going to be good!

“You bless everyone who lives in your house, and they sing your praises. You bless all who depend on you for their strength and all who deeply desire to visit your temple” Psalms 84:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment