This week has been a quite a challenging week!
On Monday I started volunteering for Connections Church, Fish Hoek, which I attend. I will be working with the church leader Ham and the pastor Ndaba. I am going to be in charge of some of the admin work. It was a hard day as I wasn’t feeling very confident in the work that I was given to do, but in the end I did get everything done and I got some good feedback. I’m hoping next week will be better and I believe that things will improve.
Then on Tuesday I was back in the Links office. I was asked to do another article to add to the Being A Volunteer blog series. So this week I have been working on the new articled with the theme being Project Briefs. It was very challenging as I have only recently started learning about project briefs, but as James just now said to me “This is a brilliant article Hannah!” which I am very happy to hear! Seems like all this challenging work is definitely starting to pay off!
One of my routine responsibilities & tasks while I am with Links International SA is to maintain the social media presence. As a result of my efforts through facebook and Twitter, we have seen increased activity on our Links International SA facebook page and our website. This has been a real encouragement to the team.
God has been stirring things in me this week. This relates to some of the things I mentioned in my last blog entitled Changes. I’ve been quite challenged recently because in the past when I was going through troubles, I found it very hard to praise and talk to God. I would normally only talk to him or praise him when I was happy. This week has been quite hard. As a result of hearing about changes that are going on back at home, I got very upset and I didn’t know what to do. I just kept saying ‘I don’t know what to do!’, feeling hopeless and getting angry with myself. People kept saying to me that the only thing I could do is pray and I got fed up of hearing it! Then I spoke to my mum one day and she said to me to ‘pray through sorrows’ and she also sent me a bible verse to look up
“Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy, he who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.”
So this time I decided to take some time to pray and just sit and wait on God, I gave all my burdens to God and I felt a great relief. I found it surprisingly easy and I now wonder why I’ve never done it before!
Even though I’ve had a pretty challenging week, I’ve also been having a lot of fun! I’ve been out with friends for food. We had a pizza with Avocado on it which I find very unusual but it tasted so good! I’ve also been to the beach again with one of the families from church and James, I went out on the body board to practice for surfing, it didn’t go well though! I got caught in two waves which tumbled me over about 10 times, was pretty scary so after the second I got out of the water. I hope I’ll have better luck next time as I’m organising a surfing lesson with some of the girls from church and James, so excited. I’m really hoping that by the end of my trip I’ll be able to stand up on a board! I don’t know if that’s wishful thinking though!
On Thursday my Gran Beryl and I went to Boulders Beach to see the penguins. You can walk around and take pictures and you can also swim but we didn’t. The penguins were cute, I loved it! I’ve also got a quite busy weekend lined up with friends from church, so glad I’m finally starting to make some close friends!
I’ve also got a quite busy weekend lined up with friends from church, so glad I’m finally starting to make some close friends!
“You will be proud of what you've done, When at the close of day;
You look back on your battles won, Content, you came this way!”


No comments:
Post a Comment